[Public-List] corroded rudder

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Mar 12 16:54:44 PST 2021

Oh dear…you don’t want to risk a rudder failure. Too bad you’re in BC, that would be an interesting job, I’d pitch in to help you Stephen.

I reckon the rudder is not difficult to remove since you’ve got a tiller and not a wheel like we do… there’s no quadrant to wrestle with.  You’ve just got to have them lift the boat high enough that you can pull the rudder down and out of the yacht.   Years ago I helped a friend do that but we couldn’t raise the yacht so we dug a pit.  That part wasn’t much fun, particularly the jokes well meaning friends kept flinging at us.  (Gunna bury the boat once you got a grave for her? etc)

Gordon Laco
Surprise 426