[Public-List] corroded rudder

Clay Pass clay.q.pass at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 13:55:22 PDT 2021

I think originally that rudder post was supposed to be 3/4" ... mine
measured 5/8" when I had a new gudgeon made.  That's pretty close to your
.6".  To me that seemed plenty strong enough.  Especially considering when
I got the boat, there was no gudgeon or support there at all.  I don't know
how long or in what conditions it had been sailed like that, but I don't
think there is going to be tremendous side load at that point.  I have #449
which should be identical to yours and have some pictures of what it looked
like if you are interested.

Clay Pass
#449 Seeing Deep

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 6:03 AM Stephen Gwyn via Public-List <