[Public-List] corroded rudder

Michael dickdurk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 03:52:22 PST 2021

I have had the rudder apart from the stock several times and have never
been able to get the stock to drop down out of the tube. I never went as
far as all or nothing-I mostly wanted just to inspect-but it was pretty
resistant. A bend or twist is not noticeable from the tiller, I do not
know what the tolerances are in the tube.
Also my policy is to slap nev-r-seize on everything I take apart to put
back. My biggest problem maintenance wise is getting stuff apart next
time. Fairing over the slotted machine screws with bondo or some such
prevents working loose.
Michael Grosh