[Public-List] Rudder tube

Dave Yamakuchi dyamakuchi at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 10:18:25 PDT 2021

Aquila (#47) had her rudder and tiller redone by the previous owner (I'm guessing) maybe 15 years ago.  It's smooth, but tight...if that makes sense.  I'm going to have to touch up the glass over the brackets on the rudder before I launch her this year, but that's not what you were asking about...    On Monday, May 24, 2021, 09:31:05 AM CDT, Greg via Public-List <public-list at lists.alberg30.org> wrote:

 Hi Folks,What kind of fit is expected between the rudder tube and rudder shaft? Ayla just has a fiberglass tube running up to the cockpit. The new rudder is in but tight and doesn't exit the cockpit centered in the hole.It looks like someone may have add epoxy in side the tube at some point.Regards,Greg