[Public-List] Spinnaker block location

Jonathan Bresler 262alberg30 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 03:50:28 PST 2022

Greg,

Constance uses the original block location for the spinnaker halyard and
has a Seldem roller furler.   The spinnaker halyard is stored by clipping
the end that attaches to the head of the spinnaker to the lifeline just
forward of the lower forward shroud.

Works well.

Photos are quite useful, but not supported by this list.

Jonathan

On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 21:28 Michael Connolly via Public-List <

> Greg,
> I would suspect that you might have to modify the masthead fitting with a
> crane to move the halyard bock further forward of the stay for the furler.
> Michael
> > On 12/01/2022 1:48 PM Greg Hounsell via Public-List <
> >

> > Afternoon all;
> >
> > Have not flown the assym yet but did rig up the halyard this year. The
> > issue I'm having is that with the halyard block at the front of the
> > masthead piece, it is just above the furler by a few inches.
> >
> > Where and how do people store the halyard when not in use? I found each
> end
> > had to be pulled aft and tied to the bottom of the upper shrouds so they
> > wouldn't rub/wrap on the furler.
> >
> > Is a pic needed ?
> >
> > Greg

Jonathan M Bresler