[Public-List] R: Internal mounting of depth sounder??

Stephen Gwyn stephen.gwyn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 12:26:20 PST 2022

Unless you have one of those fancy depth sounders
that shoots forward as well as down, (e.g.:
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/simrad--forwardscan-thru-hull-forward-looking-sonar-transducer-and-housing-kit--16247124)
I think the best place is under the port settee, up against
the forward bulkhead between the main cabin and the head.
It could under the v-berth, I don't think you can get
far enough forward the that the keel is out of the way
without going under the watertank.

Mine is bedded in a puddle of epoxy and shoots through
the hull. This slightly reduces sensitivity, but I can
reach 1000' which is more than the unit is rated for.

SG