[Public-List] Internal mounting of depth sounder??

thexaminer at gmail.com thexaminer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 17:32:47 PST 2022

Good thing you folks don't sail down here in Florida on the Banana River. There's a section just north of Pineda Causeway by Patrick SFB where we have a monthly regatta in an AVERAGE of 10 feet of water! Most of the time I'm sailing Beowulf in an average of 6-8 feet with tacks at the edge of the river in about 5 - 5.5 of water. Obviously, 'local knowledge' is a big factor in keeping at least a foot of water under the keel. And, I will not lie, I have been aground a few times, adding to that 'local knowledge'.....

Cheers,
Bongo Bob Norway
_________________
S/V Beowulf #488