[Public-List] Question on paint colors

Don Campbell dk.campbell at xplornet.ca
Fri Feb 11 07:48:56 PST 2022

I used Sikkens  grey deck paints but my deck was refinished without the
diamond pattern. Interlux has now bought out that brand name.  With the
non-skid in the mix, there is no reflection from the deck whether from
reflected light from the water or direct sunlight.That paint lasted
about 10 years and we never had a missed footing even though I raced the
boat fairly well when we were sailing. The grey does not show the nicks
and chips quite as much as whites and is a bit easier showing dirt as
well.. What no-one has said so far is that these paints take some time
to cure and so you do not want to do much on deck for the first week
after painting.
Don Campbell