[Public-List] Charts and depth sounding

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sat Feb 19 07:52:37 PST 2022

…and of course 2201 and the other strip charts have been steady updated since ’68 with new issues, and Notices to Mariners.

When we used to do Albacore camping/sailing trips here in the 1970’s, some charts still named the 1821 and 1880 Bayfield and Bolton surveys… that didn’t mean the data on them was from then, just that the work of those original surveys was incorporated.

Today’s 2201 incorporates the 1968 survey, but nobody has to use charts dating from then today.

Gordon Laco
426 Surprise