[Public-List] Chart Surveys

R Kirk isobar at verizon.net
Sun Feb 20 10:22:38 PST 2022

Nice thought. Consider this mind game:
One survey boat at a generous 50% availability >> 180 days/yr X 8 hrs/day X 15 Km/hr divided by 10 soundings seaward = 2160 linear Km/yr survey capability. Google tells me that Canada has the world’s longest coastline at 243,042 Km. So, it would take 112 survey-boat-years to cover Canadian waters, once.
How many operational survey boats does CHS have continually available?I wouldn’t count on them coming around too often.