[Public-List] Seeking safety advice - replacing bulkheads while on the hard

Robert Outerbridge robert.outerbridge at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 06:15:48 PST 2022

Hi everyone and happy new year!
My name is Robert and I am new to the Alberg 30 community.  I have been working over the last year on hull #484 and it's time start replacing rotted bulkheads.  To my eye every bulkhead in the boat needs replacing do to various degrees of rot.  I have been studying-up on the process and feel confident in my abilities to accomplish the project, but am concerned about the boat supporting itself on stands once I start the removal process.  I was wondering if anyone has had exerience with this and help guide me?
Also, someone on boatdesign.net suggested I may need to "make the hull strait again" before glassing in the new bulkheads, which sounds scary to me, though the person suggested it was not difficult (sounds difficult)?  Has anyone heard of needing to do this on an Alberg 30, considering the legendary layup.
Thanks for any help the community can provide!
Take Care,
Robert OuterbridgeHull #484 - Mary Ellen