[Public-List] Marine holding tank

Stephen Gwyn stephen.gwyn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 19:02:01 PST 2022

I did this about 10 years ago, so my memory may not be 100% accurate. But
I    just went to the local marine supply store (Trotac in Victoria, BC)
and a plastic store (Industrial Plastics and Paints). There were a half
dozen shapes and sizes. I took note of them all, went back to the boat and
determined which was the largest that would fit. I use the space under the
V berth, forward of the head, on the port side. Then I spent a bunch of
time figuring out the layout of the fittings. The marine store was prepared
to spin weld the fittings on for a very reasonable price.

The result is smaller than it could be if I had a custom tank fitted, but
it's big enough for 3 people for 24 hours, which all it needs to be. And it
cost less than $150.

No issues with toilet paper. Only real issue so far was sucking in floating
seaweed.

SG