[Public-List] Seeking safety advice - replacing bulkheads while on the hard

Michael Connolly crufone at comcast.net
Mon Jan 17 08:05:15 PST 2022

Robert,
I checked with a good friend of mine, James Baldwin who does major refits on Alberg 30's and other boats and his opinion is similar to mine.  Support the boat as you would normally, resting on her keel, three stands on each side and minumal pressure on each stand...............check them regularly.  Should not have any issues removing one bulkhead at a time. My suggestion would be to place one of the three side stands directly outside of where you are removing the bulkhead. There is not much load on these stands normally.  With the stand in this location you can adjust it if the hull tends to move outward during bulkhead removal.  Again as a back up take measurements before as reference points as you work.
Michael