[Public-List] Moving to Google groups?

Jonathan Bresler 262alberg30 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 04:04:28 PST 2022

Wade,

Did not receive a copy your original message that you sent to the public
list run by George (Public-List at lists.alberg30.org)
but did receive a copy of George's response that George sent to  the public
list run he runs (Public-List at lists.alberg30.org)
to your question regarding the new Alberg 30 Members Google Groups mailing
list (a30-members at googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/g/a30-members>
).

Reasons are explained in the excerpts included below from the announcement
of the migration.

The Member list has been moved to Google Groups.
The Public list remains at alberg30.org, a website owned and run by George.

Jonathan

information about Association activities and important messages from the
Alberg 30 Association, we have decided to update our method of
communicating to our members.
We have chosen Google Groups to manage our email services for future
messages. While the member-list at alberg30.org will remain active for the
near future, we strongly recommend that you subscribe to he new Alberg
30 Google
Groups Mailing List to ensure you receive all messages reliably.   Starting
this month, announcements of Association events and other member
communications will be sent only to the new Alberg 30 Google Groups Mailing
List.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at 262alberg30 at gmail.com or our
Vice Commodore, TC Williams (a30vicecommodore at gmail.com), during the
transition.  If you need assistance getting set up on our new Alberg 30
Members Google Groups Mailing List, we'll be happy to answer questions and
get you signed up.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 8:42 PM George Dinwiddie via Public-List <

> Wade,
>
> I have no plans to make any changes to the public-list. The Alberg 30
> Association has decided to start a google group list for members because
> gmail has been so bad about refusing email.
>
> George
>
> Sent from a primitive pocket computer. Please assume all errors are due to
> that.
>
> > On Nov 14, 2022, at 19:19, Wade Wall via Public-List <
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I saw a message on the Alberg 30 Facebook page about moving to Google
> > Groups. Is this just the membership group? I couldn't ask because I'm not
> > on Facebook and don't want to rejoin just for the Alberg 30 group. Also,
> if
> > anyone can tell me how to reply on this list serve. Sounds stupid, I
> know,
> > but the message don't pop up in my email. Thanks for any information.
> >
> > Wade

Jonathan M Bresler
S/V Constance Alberg 30 #262
Annapolis/Eastport MD