[Public-List] Draining Rain Water from the Winch Handle Pockets

Daniel Swords danielswords at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 09:56:17 PST 2023

A simple and effective solution for a problem no one else may have. Rain water collects in the winch handle pockets under my primary winches. Despite the weep holes a small amount (approximately 1/8” or so) would stagnate there until sponged out. I cut a piece of cotton cloth (an old tee shirt) about 1/2” wide and 8” long, tied an overhand knot about 1/2” from one end and ran the other end through the weep hole and onto the deck. The cotton cloth makes an excellent wick and now these pockets dry quickly and stay dry between rain showers. I did the same thing for the two dorade box weep holes over the head.

Daniel Swords

Solitude, hull #525

Mandeville, LA

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone