[Public-List] Re-bedding the handrail

Jon Budington jbudington at morevang.com
Fri Sep 1 13:34:50 PDT 2023

Good afternoon everyone. I have spent the summer re-bedding every piece of
hardware that goes through Nimble's deck. I was inspired after
re-coring the aft deck up to the end of the commings due to leaky stern
cleats. This weekend, I want to tackle the wooden handrails on the coach
roof. Mine are screwed in from the inside. I've been using butyl tape for
all the bolts on the boat, but I don't think that's a good idea for wood
screws. Is Life Caulk the way to go here?

Thanks, and happy Labor Day

Jon Budington
Nimble #67

*Jon Budington \ President \ 703.751.3611 x214 \ morevang.com
<http://morevang.com/>*

*More Vang.*