[Public-List] Un-stepping the mast

Terrence Gillespie gillespieterrence at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 17:00:28 PDT 2023

The boat is new to me, she’s on the hard, mast is up and marina can only un-step with the boat in the water which is a non starter.
James Baldwin’s ingenious solution requires more manufacturing than I can manage in the time allowed. The boat is a long way from where I live and when I visit next month I’d like to have the mast down and use it to help cover the boat for winter. Can’t seem to find a crane operator who’ll come and lift it for a reasonable fee. Thoughts?