[alberg30] Re: Dogleg table support

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Sun Dec 6 09:43:50 PST 1998

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Greg,
I never liked the dogleg because it was just too modern. I grew up on old wood
boats, and the tables either folded down and opened up from some forward
bulkhead, or they stowed under the forward deck and had their own four legs.
The 35 foot Weekender had the best, though it would be hard to describe. That
is was all varnished mahagony and had high fiddles, we just assume. But the
leg hinging arrangement was very ingenius.  You've seen folding card tables,
in which the legs fold under the table each in their own direction? This was
similar, but the legs, the hinges and the spring locks were all bandsawed
mahagony. It was unique.
We have the vinyl covered imitation teak grain table that came with our boat,
but somehow, when we get that far, I think Stargazer is going to have a
beautiful solid mahagony table made up, with a chart of her home port
varnished in the center.
Take Care,
Lee Trachtenberg
Stargazer #255