[alberg30] Re: Compasses

Sutherland tomsu at uky.campus.mci.net
Sun Jul 19 12:10:28 PDT 1998

From: tomsu at uky.campus.mci.net (Sutherland)

Dave............Since my A-30 is not yet in the water (bummer)  I can't
speak to the performance of the original compass and it's location. However
like Lee (see post below) I put a Plastimo tactical racing compass on the
Catalina 30 I prevously owned and liked it very much.I agree with Lee , the
red and green quadrants make it easier to hold a course, and it is a very
nice looking compass.

.On the Catalina the bulkhead was at such an angle that I had to design a
mounting block , but I don't think that would be necessary on the Alberg.

 I might mount the compass in a location that that would also be suitable
for someting else , ( exterior speaker , wind instrument , ect.) so if you
did decide to return to the original type compass your hole could be
utilized.

Tom S
A-30 #412