[alberg30] teak

alberg30 alberg30 at planet.net
Sat Jun 6 16:04:36 PDT 1998

From: "alberg30" <alberg30 at planet.net>

I find this list thing so handy, I think I'll send another one.

Questions:

1. What happens when I take the cockpit combings off? They're bolted to the
cockpit fiberglass, right? There's no open spaces left in the cockpit when
they come off, right? I noticed what looked like a gasket, but could be
bedding compund. How hard is it to get them off? Time to do the teak right.

2. Suggestions for replacing the teak plywood in the lazarett hatches and
main hatch? I guess first you route out the old stuff, clean it up and then
replace it with whatever. I was thinking 2-4 inch wide planks, with beveled
edges, screwed and 5200 into the recesses. What looks good? Someone said
just paint over them.

3.Has anyone ever pulled off the toe rail? How bad is that job? Being in
the Northwest, my Cetol job that lasted years on the East coast quickly
turned green in less than 6 months, in the hard to reach places. I'd like
to access everything, sand away and then finish completely.

Joe
"One Less Traveled"#499