[alberg30] Re: projects in progress !!

JSousa jsss at net1plus.com
Sat Jun 6 19:38:18 PDT 1998

From: JSousa <jsss at net1plus.com>

Sutherland wrote:

> From: tomsu at uky.campus.mci.net (Sutherland)
>
> George............Thank you very much for all of the confidence building
> information and suggestions on fiberglass work. I am thinking I have a
> little too many loose ends going on with the boat right now to get involved
> with another project of that size. I am going to file the info. for later.
>
>         Today I removed most of the  teak in the main cabin except the bulk
> heads and  gutted the head (holding tank small as it was, head all three
> cabnet doors and face frame). I am going to clean and lighten up the teak
> if I can and recover the counter tops. Also will install larger holding
> tank.
>
> Tom Sutherland
> # 412 InCahoots
>  Lexington Ky.

Tom:

During our renovation of Carina Vela this past winter, we also removed
all the woodwork from the cabin.  Upon sanding and re-varnishing, we
discovered that a majority of this  woodwork was mahogany, not teak.
Specifically, the door frames and cabin sole.  In order to lighten up
the cabin, we manufactured and installed brand new cabinet fronts for
the head and v-berth.  We also installed a mahogany slat ceiling on the
inside of the hull in the v-berth in order to give it a brighter look.
If we can be of any additional help, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Chris Sousa
Carina Vela