[alberg30] Re: projects in progress !!

Sutherland tomsu at uky.campus.mci.net
Sat Jun 6 20:58:54 PDT 1998

From: tomsu at uky.campus.mci.net (Sutherland)

>Tom:
>
>During our renovation of Carina Vela this past winter, we also removed
>all the woodwork from the cabin.  Upon sanding and re-varnishing, we
>discovered that a majority of this  woodwork was mahogany, not teak.
>Specifically, the door frames and cabin sole.  In order to lighten up
>the cabin, we manufactured and installed brand new cabinet fronts for
>the head and v-berth.  We also installed a mahogany slat ceiling on the
>inside of the hull in the v-berth in order to give it a brighter look.
>If we can be of any additional help, don't hesitate to contact us.
>
>Regards,
>
>Chris Sousa
>Carina Vela

        Chris...............I just got off off your page and sent you an
e-mail (real nice page for those who have not  checked it out).

        You say you installed a mahogany slat ceiling in the
v-birth.............can you elaborate a bit on this ? Are you speaking of
the area above the port and starboard shelves or below the shelves or both
? Also # 412 may be a bit different than Carina Vela. Also I will take a
real close look at my interier woodwork tomorrow but I am pretty sure it is
teak. I really like mahogany and would not mind a bit if that is what it
was.

        Are you going to make your June 8th launch date ?

Tom Sutherland
A-30 # 412
"InCahoots"