[alberg30] Re: Snowbird questions & wiring

greg vandenberg fashionguy at ameritech.net
Mon Oct 19 17:57:45 PDT 1998

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at ameritech.net>

bathtub mary  #312  had the same setup...i moved it as there were not enough
switches for the new electrical i was installing. my solution was to convert a
cabinet that had been installed above  the vertical icebox arrangement.  this
cabinet had one door (which i cut to make 2 hinged panels similar in looks to
a 2 door kitchen cabinet) . on the port side cabinet door i installed my row
toggles and fuses. now i can open the port side door and add wiring or make
repairs. on the other door i installed a mirror  because we always do our
grooming at the galley sink (more room). on opposite side of the door i hang
all the keys for the tanks and the extra fuses for the panel. mounted the
bottom of the cabinet is  the vhf unit and the am/fm unit. the battery
selector is mounted in this cabinet on the starboard side  right at the main
hatch entrance (very handy). all wiring comes out of the cabinet at the port
rear  and goes down the port side of the icebox and is dispersed from there to
the batteries ect. the cabinet size is approx. 14 in wide.  out from the
bulkhead about 6 in. and about 16 in. tall and tight to the contour of the
ceiling where they meet.  pretty kool.