[alberg30] Re: DECK SPRING

alberg30 alberg30 at planet.net
Thu Oct 22 18:07:22 PDT 1998

From: "alberg30" <alberg30 at planet.net>

I have the exact same cracks on #499. Appeared only in the last year or so.
What is this exactly? From deck flexing from delamitation? After you fix
delamination, can you just fill the cracks sand them down and repaint? Will
they reappear?

Joe #499
"One Less Traveled"

----------
> From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at ameritech.net>
> To: alberg30 at onelist.com
> Subject: [alberg30] Re: DECK SPRING
> Date: Thursday, October 22, 1998 3:01 PM
>
> From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at ameritech.net>
>
> GEORGE... I DON'T MEAN TO MISS LEAD... THE DECK IS SOLID !  (IT WAS MY
ONLY
> ATTEMPT AT INJECTING SO I CAN'T SPEAK TO LONGEVITY)  THE AREA THAT HAS
THE
> CRACK (HAIRLINE) IS ON THAT SOLID GLASS AREA WHERE THE CABIN TOP ROLLS
INTO
> THE DECK AND THEY ARE ABOUT 3 INCHES LONG AND AT ABOUT 10 AND 2 O'CLOCK
> LOOKING FORWARD. THEY WERE THERE ON THE ORIGINAL GEL COAT AND HAVE NOW
> REAPPEARED BELIEVE THAT AREA IS SOLID GLASS. IT HASN'T TRANSITIONED INTO
CORE
> YET. I ASSOCIATE IT WITH FLEX IN THE DECK AND IF I INSTALLED A CEILING IN
THE
> FORWARD CABIN WITH SOME SHALLOW BEAMS UNDER I WOULD GET SOME STIFFENING
FROM