[alberg30] Internal drain holes

Forhan, Thomas Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov
Mon Apr 5 06:37:48 PDT 1999

From: "Forhan, Thomas" <Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov>

	I scrubbed out Calliope's (#287) interior with a hose over  the
weekend. (Removing the drawer supports, I found a pencil from Spencers
Boatyard in West Palm Beach !)

	Anyway, I was a little dismayed to find that many lockers things did
not drain into the bilge, most of all the anchor rode locker in the
forepeak.
	Aft of the forepeak bulkhead, but ahead of the watertank, is a small
trapezoid shaped well where water from the forward locker collected. Should
this area drain under the watertank somehow? It is a couple of inches lower
than the port and starboard lockers under the v-berth.

	What about the small step that you encounter as enter the forepeak
area. Is that totally sealed? I presume the area which on my boat forms a
seat between the two sides of the v-berth covers more of the water tank. Is
that correct.

	My three cockpit lockers only have about 3/8 " drain holes. If they
took a lot of water it would take forever to drain. Any thoughts about
opening them up some more, or installing additional drainage holes, sealing
them well, of course, to prevent delamination of the plywood?

	Thanks again,

	T.