[alberg30] Cleaning sails?

alberg30 alberg30 at planet.net
Sun Apr 25 19:28:48 PDT 1999

From: "alberg30" <alberg30 at planet.net>

A while ago, back when I was on the Marine base, and old salt told me that
you could wash your sails with a light fabric detergent-as long as it had
no bleach- and get pretty good results. Has anyone else tried this? My
sails are not in  the best shape and certainly aren't new- and I just want
to whiten them up a bit.

Also, anyone in the northern Chesapeake Bay area, I have a heavy weather
jib that I want to have two rows of reef points to. Can anyone suggest a
sail shop that might do this plus the usual repairs -inexpensively?

Thanks in advance;

Joe #499
"one Less Traveled"