[alberg30] questions

tgreen tgreen at rockisland.com
Sun Aug 29 10:09:52 PDT 1999

From: tgreen <tgreen at rockisland.com>

1. The compass space, with cover removed, makes a great step for into
cabin, when  compass not needed. I painted the horizontal section with
airplane wing walk compound for non-slip.  Has been that way for years.

2. Don't trust mufflers! I motorsailed once on stbd tack in fairly heavy
weather, decided to shut motor off & all the water emptied back into the
exhaust & to engine head; warping valves & generally wrecking things.
For past ~20y. I've used an exhaust system of galvanized pipe designed
so this can't happen.  When it gives up just put in a new one; cheap &
easy.

ATTN ONELIST USERS: stay current on the latest activities,
programs, & features at ONElist by joining our member newsletter at