[alberg30] Gray Mar Coil

greg vandenberg fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net
Wed Aug 18 06:38:03 PDT 1999

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net>

I would like to chime in on Alan's woes... I was in a same situation over the
weekend... my solution was to change the plugs. It did the trick and we got
home with power as required. It was also my 2nd plug change of the season. I'm
starting to wonder if this is also a characteristic of a bad coil and it will
be just a matter of time before it acts up again. Alan... the plugs I pulled
and replaced were the hotter running plug (champion RJ12C) So I was told!?
They said that R was for a resistor in the plug.

Standing by- Greg

Alan P. Kefauver wrote:

> From: "Alan P. Kefauver" <apk2 at home.com>
>
> Anyone know what coil goes on the GrayMarine 25? Mine went up yesterday and needs replacing. Died slowly in the heat coming back from Rock Hall. Engine started to miss a little, then a lot, (all while in gear and engine revved fine in neutral), then started missing even when not under load. Coil was as hot as blazes when I touched it. Also, my little data sheet calls for a J-11J plug and my engine has J11G plugs. Which is right?
>
> Thanks
> Alan
> Andante #152

> You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com!
> If you join ONElist’s FRIENDS & FAMILY program.  For details, go to
> http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html

Transfer your big list to ONElist and earn $500!
For program details, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/biglistbon_intro.html