[alberg30] Of Vanguards

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 16:58:04 PDT 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Scott,
When I was still sailing out of Brooklyn, NY, Sheepshead Bay (now don't make
jokes-it was good sailing- even in July and August, we had wind there!) there
were a few Vanguards, and they were highly regarded by the Miramar YC
membership.  At the time (this brings us up to the 80's) my dad had an
Islander 32, 1965, with the IC rig, a few feet shorter than the standard rig.
 But head to head, the Islander was faster than the Vanguards, which
surprised me. They are all pretty boats, though. I could 'deal with' having
any  one, or all, of them.
Take care,
Lee
Stargazer #255

ONElist:  the best place to EXPLORE topics, SHARE ideas, and
CONNECT to people with the same interests.