[alberg30] access hatch

Dick Filinich daf at mobiletel.com
Wed Feb 24 07:25:12 PST 1999

From: Dick Filinich <daf at mobiletel.com>

Lee,this past saturday installed bomar hatch in cockpit of "High
Spirits",actual cut out was 12"x21".Used common jig saw with fine tooth
metal cutting blades,and used sheet of 1/8"rubber gasket(black) that we
use in shipyard to seal tank lids etc.One pass 1/4" bead
silicone(marine)on either side of gasket material.Once the silicone
dried plugged up scrubbers with rags and filled cockpit.The one or two
drops of water that came through wasn't enough to worry about,now I've
seen the rest of my boat.Besides being able to access rear of engine,the
open hatch gives a lot of lighting to work on engine on inside of
boat.If boat would be deep enough I could crawl in if I had to,I'm 5'9"
155 lbs and a welder in a shipyard,I know what tight spaces are.Jackie
if your reading this I'll do what I can to find the travel guides your
looking for,get on the net of Biloxi Miss.there's a marine museum that
you could get some good info of the gulf coast,there was a good article
some time back either in crusing world or sail about the Islands of the
the Miss.coast that I'm sure you'll want to visit if you ever cruise the
northern gulf coast.Hey Scully if your reading this,tried to send e-mail
but,computer did not recognize address,give me more info on your plans
and I'll talk to some people.Or call me I'm in the book.Good luck.

Dick Fillinich Sr."High Spirits"# 191 Galliano,La.