[alberg30] Re: rigging control organizer

Jacques Guerette jguerett at nortelnetworks.com
Wed Feb 24 11:00:03 PST 1999

From: "Jacques Guerette" <jguerett at nortelnetworks.com>

Greg,
This is one of the first items I added to my 1976 A30.  I love it!  I agree
the thickness is, well, too thick.  Mine is made from quarter-inch material
and it is as sturdy as you can want.  The organizer helps me run a boom
vang, jib and main halyards, topping lift, and 2 single-line reefing lines
aft.  It is neat, clean and I didn't have to drill a pile of holes into the
mast.

If I had to do it again, I'd think about adding another attachment point to
the forward part of the organizer.  This would have to be carefully designed
so as not to interfere with the forward hatch, but it could be useful to add
a block there for, say, a spinnaker pole downhaul.  At present, I'm using
that region to affix my whisker pole which is stored vertically along the
mast.

Jacques