[alberg30] Re: rigging control organizer

greg vandenberg fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net
Fri Feb 26 07:19:11 PST 1999

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net>

Hey George... Thanks for the advise  on the forward lip of the attachment
plate... I  would have got snookered on that one. I am torn as how best to
bring the mast halyards, ect... aft to the cockpit AND if it is even
necessary.  The topping lift on Bathtub Mary is the only line that seams to
need the most attention and I think I may reverse the rig so as the adjustment
point is midway along the boom (permanently attached at the mast head and run
down to the boom end and a block at that end... you know what I mean... I
hope! There IS a little more to the arrangement)  instead of at the mast( mast
head block with the topping lift line terminating at the base of the mast).
That might keep me from leaving the cockpit at least. The main and jib halyard
don't seam to need the attention  and may be just fine the way they are for
now which brings me to the spin. pole down haul and topping lift which are not
used much yet. I think I may have just talked myself out of the need for that
mast base organizer. Did I miss any important reasons????
regards,
greg