[alberg30] Re: Alberg 30 General

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Fri Jan 15 16:19:18 PST 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Carl, I have an 67 A-30.  My deck is cored with masonite  and is as solid as a
rock.  Chainplate leaks can rot the wood.  You can replace them.  The very
best thing I've found, (and I did it  in 1997) was to caulk with the new ,
Liquid Life caulk.  This stuff is great, and has  cured a small persistant
leak in the starboard locker.  Masonite makes for a heavy boat.  When I
purshad mine,  the former owner had it measured for MORC.  It weighted
(believe it or not) 10,000 pounds, not the 9,000 design specs.  Actually, it
sails like a 10,000 lb boat, and is acttually very good in light air.  Of
course it does not accelerate very fast, but it will keep way on in the lulls,
and I've done very well in light air races.  Keeping those chainplates caulked
is something I check every spring.

Russ Pfeiffer