[alberg30] Cleaning the bilge

Michael Stephano mundo at visi.net
Wed Jun 2 11:00:37 PDT 1999

From: "Michael Stephano" <mundo at visi.net>

Tom first clean the water and any accessible sludge out by hand/spatula/
pump. Then pick up some simple green and mix it on the heavy side with very
hot water.  Get in there and scrub with a dish brush and suck out the sludge
with a shop vac. Once or twice should do it and then just stay on top of it.
I put pampers under the trouble spots on my engine to catch the oil before
it hits the bilge and I also drain the ice box into a gallon container to
keep that from getting in the bilge. Good luck!

Michael Stephano
Hopkins & Bro. General Store and the
Eastern Shore Steamboat Co. Restaurant
http://members.visi.net/~mundo/