[alberg30] Water Tank and Handrails

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sun Jun 6 05:08:18 PDT 1999

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

John,

    My freshwater tank is in the bow area, the fill deck plate on the
port side, with the hose running down inside the anchor rode locker, but
the tank itself is out of sight under a horizontal surface. There should
be a 1/2" hose running down the starboard side under the bunks to the
galley. I'll look at the installation more closely later today.
    Can't do more than guess why your tank is not hooked up. Sometimes
they leak, sometimes they get foul. There are some tank articles in the
A-30 manual.
    I have a beef with the vent, which comes out under the deck. Usually
when I fill the tank I get a puddle on the deck, forward, below the
foreward bunks.
    Also, mine had no shutoff. I installed a foot-operated gusher pump
and it leaked and there was no way to stop the flow except stuff a tool
handle in the hose. I bought a 1/2" PVC valve for $3 and put it in the
line.

                                                - Gordon White A-275