[alberg30] Depth Finder

Peter Hay phay at netcom.ca
Thu Mar 4 16:44:24 PST 1999

Russ:  I just bought my boat #384 last fall and have not had a chance to play with her much.  She has a Silva depth finder which the previous owner installed over a "water box" in the starboard locker.  The box is a fiberglass cone and the transducer fits down over the hole in the top.  I have been told that filling it with baby oil gets better results than water.  Does anyone know anything about such an install.  I assume that it would be permanent as opposed to a water installation.

Peter Hay
phay at netcom.ca
Rubicon