[alberg30] Re: Props >> AWLGRIP

Jacques Guerette jguerett at nortelnetworks.com
Mon Mar 8 10:54:41 PST 1999

From: "Jacques Guerette" <jguerett at nortelnetworks.com>

I can second the comments about raising the waterline stripe.  My boat is
going to be awlgriped in a month or so.   I had a long technical discussion
with the paint supplier who repeatedly stressed that Awlgrip, like all
2-part paints, should not be submerged for any length of time.  Splashing it
OK as it gives the paint time to dry but sustained submersion is out.  His
recommendation, stressed repeatedly, was to elevate the waterline a few
inches in order to preserve the Awlgrip.  This is what I'm going to do.

Jacques