[alberg30] Re: Motor mounts

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Sun Mar 21 05:01:06 PST 1999

From: RABBIT649 at aol.com

I have great ideas and nobody ever listens to me.
FORGET the engine mounts: Put in a thrust bearing on short cross member
glassed to the hull. The prop transmists the force of reaction against the
water via the driveshaft directly through the thrust bearing to the
crossmember>to the hull. On the forward side of the crossmember a PSS flexible
coupling, essentially a marive CV joint, allows up to a %15 degree
misalignment of the engine with the prop shaft. But due to the Thrust
bearing/crossmember arrangement, there will be no force driving the boat
against the engine itself.
You can mount the engine on JELLO. It won't matter.