[alberg30] Re: Yves Gélinas, A talented man from a talented fa...

Matthew Wynn mattwynn at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 29 15:46:57 PST 1999

From: Matthew Wynn <mattwynn at ns.sympatico.ca>

Hi Lee,

	Atom rang a bell for me. I just dug out an old book I read a number of
years ago. It was a Ballantine book called Seaquest - Global Blue Water
Adventuring in Small Craft and was written by Charles A. Borden. I
believe I purchased it from a Sailing Book Club - maybe Dolphin Book
Club. A fellow by the name of Jean Gau starting from New York completed
his first solo circumnavigation in 1957 in a 30' Tahiti Ketch named
'Atom' - obviously not the newer Atom sailor.  He started his second in
1962. This one was filled with misadventure including running aground
and double dismasting. (Gee in an Alberg he'd only have to worry about
one mast.) He finished in 1967 time frame. He planned to retire to
Tahiti. Hope this might help.

	Matthew Wynn
	Tazar #424