[alberg30] Trailer

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Fri May 21 16:04:07 PDT 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Brian, sounds like you not only need a trailer, but a cradle also.  My boat
sits on a Catalina 30 cradle, with a huge (arprox 8 x 8 timber on the bottom
for the keel to rest on.
We cut out the cross pieces on both ends to make things easier.  I found
mine, used, for about $400 from someone who sold their boat, and the new
owner sailed it away, and did not want to transport the cradle.  You will
need the cradle on a trailer to transport.  I would not trust any jury rigged
supports during transport.  My boat weight is 10.000 pounds, measured.  I
know the design weight is 9.000......but that's the way it is.