[alberg30] Rudder shaft packing gland

A30240 at aol.com A30240 at aol.com
Wed Nov 10 18:11:17 PST 1999

From: A30240 at aol.com

One of the first major chores I did on Isa Lei was to cut an access through
the starboard deck locker.  Essentially all I did was use my saber saw and
cut a big hole in the plywood side (Don't cut the cockpit sole).  I saved the
cutout and put it back with two 1x3 pine battens screwed to the cutout and
the remaining plywood.  Now when I need to get behind the engine, all I have
to do is empty the locker, remove the access panel, crawl in and pray that
there aren't any little kids around to learn the strange words that I use.

Jim Davis
Isa Lei
240