[alberg30] bowsprit/anchor roller

SutherlandT sutherlandt at prodigy.net
Wed Nov 17 16:57:57 PST 1999

From: SutherlandT <sutherlandt at prodigy.net>

John ... First I will thank you for your patience with my sending those pics to
the list , I felt pretty stupid.

About the Bronze/Brass half oval ... I am not really sure. I did not make this
roller. It was on my boat when I bought it . For the record it seems to be
holding up very well and the boat did come from the coast (north Carolina). The
sprit in my opinion is not only very functional but the plan seems quite simple.

I did check my Hamilton Marine catalogue and though they list brass for their
oval and half rounds, they do show their round (solid rod) stock in "Silicon
Bronze"  They list this in up to 3/4 inch stock.

I have a friend in NC that I will ask when I see him in the spring but am not
sure if he was able to find bronze or had to go with the brass. He was installing
a rub rail on a Pearson 35.

Do you have a particular project in mind ?