[alberg30] Remove step plate

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Sat Nov 27 11:00:56 PST 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

In a message dated 11/24/99 2:20:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, Rap1208 at aol.com
writes:

<< The design weight is 9000 but I know my boat
 measured 10,000 for a CCA certificate.  Masonite is heavy.  Russ Pfeiffe >>

Hi Russ,
Masonite may be heavy, but I thank my lucky stars that 'Stargazer' has it as
her deck core.  When we got her, alot of the through the deck fittings'
bedding compound was long gone, and balsa core would have been pulp. The
masonite seems to tolerate getting wet much better. So heavy, yes, but
durable.
and besides, that extra 1000 lbs you measured could be from other sources,
like extra resin and layers of glass in the hull.
Sleep well, knowing you have a bulletproof boat!!!!  :)
Lee
Stargazer #255