[alberg30] Towing

Brian Zinser bzinser at nmu.edu
Mon Oct 4 07:25:40 PDT 1999

From: Brian Zinser <bzinser at nmu.edu>

For those of us north of the 45th, our sailing season is rapidly coming to
an end.  (21 degrees F this morning!) Next week is haul out and I have
recently acquired a trailer.  I was planning to tow the boat a few miles,
at low speed, on level ground to my winter storage site.  I'm beginning to
get a little nervous about whether I should use my vehicle.  My
understanding is that the gross weight of an Alberg is about 10,000 lbs.

I have a full size Montero with a Class III hitch.  I know the boat exceeds
the recommended towing weight.  Am I crazy to attempt this, or should I
look for someone who has a big truck?

Brian Zinser
Manana #134

Get EXPERT CONTENT at ONElist!