[alberg30] Insurance, one experience

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Fri Oct 15 11:58:12 PDT 1999

From: Dan Sternglass <dans at stmktg.com>

All,

I have insured my A-30 for the 14 years I've had it with American Modern
Home insurers, about $570/year for liability, 3rd party medical and
$20,000 on the hull. I've made 2 claims: (1) Was for a break-in with
chisel and sledge requiring replacement of V-berth hatch and drop
boards. They paid the estimate from a local cabinet-maker, minus the
deductible ($250.00?). Second experience: 2 years ago, critters
(rodents) destroyed 2 jibs while in winter storage. They denied coverage
based on a specific exclusion in the policy for rodent damage. Ouch!

--Dan Sternglass
dans at stmktg.com
Watcher of the Skies, #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY