[alberg30] chainplate bolts

sunstone sunstone at idirect.com
Sun Sep 19 21:51:00 PDT 1999

From: sunstone <sunstone at idirect.com>

Oh yea, I forgot to answer the "divine intervention" question on removal
of chainplates, it is very easy once you have the bolts out, it is just
a SS strip.  Use lots of caulking, 291 or 5200 when you seal it back in
and use big ( 1" + ) flat washers on the bulkhead side.

Cheers,

J B

> Bill DeWitt wrote:
>
> John Birch, mesmerized by your intriguing 'white squall' experience.
> As a newbie, my attention was snagged by your reference to
> "thankful...changed the upper chainplate bolts to 3/8 shanked hex
> heads".  Any hints? Requires further drilling? An act of divine
> intervention to get the old ones out?......thanks
> Bill DeWitt
> 'Simple Gifts'

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.