[alberg30] fighting the virus thing # 3

alberg30 alberg30 at interactive.net
Sat Apr 15 20:09:50 PDT 2000

Seems the virus is still there, as per  people smarter than me.
Now that you are totally confused, try one more thing:

[From an email passed between my father and another gear head...]

<<We're supposed to also delete the registry setting.
>From what I think I understand, until that is done you will re-infect
yourself each time you re-boot.

If you don't know how to get to the registry, go to "Start Button, then Run"
and type "regedit" (without the quotes) in the box, and hit OK. Then when
the registry editor comes up, select "HKEY Local Machine" and double click
on it, and follow the path listed in my other e-mail, or on that Symantec
site, "Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run/, and you should see
that file "cAgOu(and a bunch of numbers and letters)" listed in the right
hand window, select it, and rightclick on it and select delete. Or hit
delete in the "Edit" drop list. Just be careful not to change anything else
in the registry but that one line.>>>

Joe #499