[alberg30] another A30 reference-Cruising World May 2000

alberg30 alberg30 at interactive.net
Sat Apr 29 08:52:01 PDT 2000

Sanders;

The only times I have ever seen Practical Boat Owner is at a really big
Barnes & Noble in Manhattan. An issue costs about $7-8 a pop. It's
imported. But its really quite large, and has lots of articles and
advertising, mostly sail related. They usually cover at least one really
interesting place in Europe or the UK to visit by sailboat. They have
good articles on heavy weather sailing in the North Atlantic and
Straight of Dover. They sometimes have excellent articles on  practical
repairs, upgrades, or projects--the kind of hard core European sailing
stuff you don't see in Cruising World or Sail magazine. I don't
subscribe, but occasionally buy an issue when I see one at a book store.
Looks like one year to the US is 45 pounds.

Try:   www.pbo.co.uk
or maybe 01444-445555 (I guess that's international?)

Contact for Blue Water Sailing  is:888-800-7245
Contact for Practical Sailor is: 203-661-6111

Regards;

Joe #499
"One Less Traveled"