[alberg30] Jib halyard replacement

Andy Vine avine at ledalite.com
Mon Feb 7 09:15:01 PST 2000

From: Andy Vine <avine at ledalite.com>

We are looking at replacing the wire & rope jib halyard with an all rope
one. The reason is that the wire is starting to fray where it gets wrapped
around the winch on the mast. I am curious if anyone has a solution for this
problem, other than replacing the entire halyard. Also, if we decide to
replace it with rope, what is involved in replacing the sheave at the top of
the mast? Is it a job that can be done from  bosun's chair?
Thanks in advance for any advice from this amazing fund of A30 knowledge!
Andy Vine
Anila Vara #175

If you want to be single again,