[alberg30] Jib halyard replacement

David Swanson zira at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 7 20:34:10 PST 2000

From: David Swanson <zira at mindspring.com>

Andy -

I replaced the block from a bosun's char, it was very straight forward.  The
only problem is that the new rope block is larger than the old wire block, and
it wants it interfere with the main halyard.

Good luck.

dls
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229

Andy Vine wrote:

> From: Andy Vine <avine at ledalite.com>
>
> We are looking at replacing the wire & rope jib halyard with an all rope
> one. The reason is that the wire is starting to fray where it gets wrapped
> around the winch on the mast. I am curious if anyone has a solution for this
> problem, other than replacing the entire halyard. Also, if we decide to
> replace it with rope, what is involved in replacing the sheave at the top of
> the mast? Is it a job that can be done from  bosun's chair?
> Thanks in advance for any advice from this amazing fund of A30 knowledge!
> Andy Vine
> Anila Vara #175

> If you want to be single again,

Finding a sweetheart is hard work. Shopping for one shouldn't be.
Click here for Valentine Surprises.